Monday, October 25, 2010

Love it, but hate it

I love flying. I think really it is that I enjoy being in the airport with all the different people, going different places. It seems like a great place to start a story or a movie because there are so many options. (Maybe thats part of why I am obsessed with the movie Love Actually, also possibly because I am obsessed with all things English, but that is for another post).

Unfortunately my brain does NOT like flying. So while I am enjoying the surroundings, my brain decides to rebel against my body and give me what I can only imagine morning sickness feels like. No, I am not preggers, nor would I make a very happy prego lady if this is really what morning sickness is like.

Anyway.

I get horribly motion sick. Boo and sad face. I was with my family on a trip back from Florida this past Sunday and they were able to experience first hand what it is like when I start to feel sick before flying.

Did I take Dramamine you might ask? Of course I did, I think I would be an idiot if I did not, however I guess I did not take it early enough before getting into the car. Because, at the airport I started to feel nauseous. Yes, I was not even on the plane yet. Needless to say, I spend the next 45 minutes pacing around the airport to try and get it to go away. Even preparing myself for the inevitable by getting a plastic bag from one of those little stores.

It was finally time to board and I was not feeling better. My poor mother felt horrible for me and wanted to help, but I just wanted to be left alone in my misery. I mean who really wants people around when they feel like they are about to hurl? Not this girl.

By the time the plane started to taxi, I think the pills started to kick in, because I was feeling better and even managed to stay awake and look out the window for the second flight. Note to self: Take meds prior to getting into car with E as the driver. Being squeezed into the back seat with three other adults didn't help either.

Otherwise, had an awesome time visiting my amazingly talented sister in Florida, bonding with the fam and swimming with the alligators and manatees.

No comments:

Post a Comment